Currently, one of the latest ransomware attacks, WannaCry, has been in the news. This ransomware has infected more than 230,000 computers in 15 countries and once infected, demands users pay for a ransom for files to be released on a computer. We have seen other ransomware attacks in the last couple of years but this one appears to be spreading faster. We encourage our customers to be vigilant and follow the tips outlined below to be better protected against all types of ransomware attacks.
Tips to be better protected against ransomware:
- Do not open email attachments or click on embedded links in emails from unknown senders.
- Ensure the software in your computer and multifunction printers are updated with the latest security updates.
- We provides automatic security updates for computers and servers on devices we manage with our health agent. This is included with our Managed IT Solution.
- With the Firmware Connect App, security updates for Xerox multifunction printers are automatic when released by Xerox and approved by Just·Tech.
- If your computer becomes infected, shut it down, unplug it from the network and notify your IT administrator or managed IT provider. This can help prevent the ransomware from spreading to other devices.
For more information on the WannaCry ransomware attack, check out this USA Today article.
Just·Tech is a technology company founded in 2006 providing Print Solutions, Network & IT Solutions and custom Xerox App Solutions.
With Just·Tech’s Network & IT Solutions, we provide Managed Network Services & IT Support to more than 70 small businesses, non-profits and religious organizations. We specialize in proactive support and provide onsite & remote assistance. Services we provide include: network management, server management, workstation management, offsite backup, network security, Office 365, ransom-ware protection, antivirus and many more.
Contact us for more information.