Guest Writer: Jerry Smith, Print & IT Consultant
JustTech’s Email Security provides protection for inbound and outbound email communications from outside threats.
- Stops viruses, spam, phishing and other email related threats
- Provides a web portal to access your email even if your email server goes down (always available, 24/7)
- Daily email spam summary
- Safe senders list
The back-end system we use for our Email Security service is Proofpoint. Proofpoint is an email protection system that blocks spam, phishing, and viruses from reaching your inbox. In addition, you can customize your settings to block and un-block specific emails.
Email Security is a filter between you and the outside world.
- First the email originates from the message sender, to their mail server.
- Then their mail server looks for your mail server in order to get the email to you.
- Proofpoint acts as a mediator here and grabs the email first to scan it for malware, phishing attempts, macro enabled pdfs, and other threats to make sure it’s not going to hard your computer.
- If it knows it’s trash or you have previously blocked the sender it sends it straight to the trash.
- If it’s unsure, it places the email in a quarantine and sends the user an email letting them know it’s in there. From here the user can view this on a website to establish whether this is legitimate or not.
- Once made legitimate, it then sends it to your mail server (Office 365, etc.), who then routes it to you.
Free email addresses and even paid email addresses like Office 365 have built in security measures, but this goes one step further to do an advanced scan of the email and provide even more security. 90% of cyber attacks start with email according to a data breach investigations report by Verizon in 2019. Proofpoint also uses machine learning technology to accurately classify email threats, like many of our other solutions.
Just·Tech, a 2020 Inc. 5000 designee is a technology company and has been keeping more than 3,000 clients happy since 2006 in providing our Print Solutions, Network & IT Solutions and custom Xerox App Solutions.
Areas we support:
- Southern Maryland and Washington DC area
- Northern Virginia, Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia
- North Eastern Virginia and the Northern Neck of Virginia including the cities of Fredericksburg & Stafford
- West Central Virginia including the cities of Harrisonburg, Staunton & Charlottesville
- South Western Virginia including the cities of Lynchburg and Roanoke
- North Central West Virginia including the cities of Fairmont, Clarksburg & Elkins
- WV/KY/OH tri-state region including the cities of Huntington, Charleston, Ashland and Portsmouth
Through our Print Solutions, we offer sales and support for Xerox multifunction copiers & printers. Just·Tech is a Strategic Xerox Partner and one of the top ten Xerox partners in the country. We also provide supplies & service support for HP, Lexmark, Dell and Brother printers. Currently we are managing thousands of copiers & printers making millions of copies & prints every month.
With our Network Solutions, we provide Managed Network Services & IT Support to hundreds of small businesses, non-profits and religious organizations. We specialize in proactive support and provide onsite & remote assistance.
Just·Tech is the first Xerox certified Personalized Application Builder Authorized Developer in the United States. With our App Solutions, we create custom apps for Xerox multifunction copiers that increase efficiency and improve workflows. Just·Tech is the exclusive reseller in the U.S. of the most affordable and complete print management app solution, PrintAnyWay. There are more than 60,000 apps that we have created installed on Xerox devices across the globe.
Contact us for more information.