Recently, The White House released a statement on taking action now to protect against potential cyberattacks. The statement highlights how the current administration “has prioritized strengthening cybersecurity defenses to prepare our Nation for threats since day one” and “has warned repeatedly about the potential for Russia to engage in malicious cyber activity against the United States in response to the unprecedented economic sanctions we have imposed.” The memo states “There is now evolving intelligence that Russia may be exploring options for potential cyberattacks.”
The statement then mentions steps that should be taken by companies now to be prepared:
We urge companies to execute the following steps with urgency:
- Mandate the use of multi-factor authentication on your systems to make it harder for attackers to get onto your system;
- Deploy modern security tools on your computers and devices to continuously look for and mitigate threats;
- Check with your cybersecurity professionals to make sure that your systems are patched and protected against all known vulnerabilities, and change passwords across your networks so that previously stolen credentials are useless to malicious actors;
- Back up your data and ensure you have offline backups beyond the reach of malicious actors;
- Run exercises and drill your emergency plans so that you are prepared to respond quickly to minimize the impact of any attack;
- Encrypt your data so it cannot be used if it is stolen;
- Educate your employees to common tactics that attackers will use over email or through websites, and encourage them to report if their computers or phones have shown unusual behavior, such as unusual crashes or operating very slowly; and
- Engage proactively with your local FBI field office or CISA Regional Office to establish relationships in advance of any cyber incidents. Please encourage your IT and Security leadership to visit the websites of CISA and the FBI where they will find technical information and other useful resources.
As we recently shared, cyberattacks on SMBs (small to medium size businesses) are increasing at a rapid rate. It is imperative for every business, no matter their size, to develop a robust network security strategy or partner with a company to do so. JustTech provides robust security tools through our Managed IT solution where we act as a client’s very own IT department. JustTech also provides these value added solutions to organizations that have their own in-house IT department so that those organizations can focus on their core business.
Contact us for more information.
Just·Tech, a 2020 & 2021 Inc. 5000 designee is a technology company and has been keeping more than 3,000 clients happy since 2006 in providing our Print Solutions, Network & IT Solutions and custom Xerox App Solutions.
Areas we support:
- Washington DC Metropolitan area including parts of Virginia & Maryland and also Southern Maryland
- Northern Virginia, Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia
- North Eastern Virginia and the Northern Neck of Virginia including the cities of Fredericksburg & Stafford
- West Central Virginia including the cities of Harrisonburg, Staunton & Charlottesville
- South Western Virginia including the cities of Lynchburg and Roanoke
- North Central West Virginia including the cities of Fairmont, Clarksburg & Elkins
- WV/KY/OH tri-state region including the cities of Huntington, Charleston, Ashland and Portsmouth
Through our Print Solutions, we offer sales and support for Xerox multifunction copiers & printers. Just·Tech is a Strategic Xerox Partner and one of the top ten Xerox partners in the country. We also provide supplies & service support for HP, Lexmark, Dell and Brother printers. Currently we are managing thousands of copiers & printers making millions of copies & prints every month.
With our Network Solutions, we provide Managed Network Services & IT Support to hundreds of small businesses, non-profits and religious organizations. We specialize in proactive support and provide onsite & remote assistance.
Just·Tech is the first Xerox certified Personalized Application Builder Authorized Developer in the United States. With our App Solutions, we create custom apps for Xerox multifunction copiers that increase efficiency and improve workflows. Just·Tech is the exclusive reseller in the U.S. of the most affordable and complete print management app solution, PrintAnyWay. There are more than 65,000 apps that we have created installed on Xerox devices across the globe.
Contact us for more information.